Flight Training

Learning to fly is a challenging and rewarding experience.  Whether you’re new to the world of aviation or looking to add to your skills, Flight Training Centers has training options for you.


Newcomers to aviation can choose between two training paths:

Private Pilot

The Private Pilot license is the traditional pilot’s license.  It comes with very few restrictions.  If you’re looking to use general aviation aircraft for travelling, the Private Pilot license is most likely the right choice for you.  With it, you can fly the majority of general aviation airplanes in acceptable weather conditions, day or night.


Sport Pilot

The Sport Pilot license is geared toward the more recreational flyer who wants to get up and enjoy the scenery and the freedom of flight, and perhaps make some shorter distance trips.  It is a pilot’s license but comes with some limitations on the types and speeds of airplanes which can be flown, number of passengers which can be carried, and conditions you can fly in.  The upside of the Sport Pilot license is that it requires less time (and hence, money) to obtain.  It also does not require the hassle of periodic FAA medical examinations necessary for other licenses.


For aviators already possessing their licenses, Flight Training Centers offers advanced rating and certificate options.


Flight Training Centers offers training for complex (aircraft with retractable gear), high performance (aircraft with engines greater than 200HP) and tailwheel endorsements.


Instrument Rating

The instrument rating is generally the next step for the Private pilot who is looking to expand their skills and experience.  It offers added flexibility and options for flying in more challenging and varied weather conditions than the Private license alone does.  The instrument rating is a great tool for pilots who use general aviation for travel purposes.  It requires that you possess the Private license and have accrued some additional flying experience.


Multi-Engine Rating

As the name implies, the multi-engine rating is required to fly airplanes with more than one engine.  Pilots on the path to a flying career will obtain this rating at some point in their training.


Commercial License

For pilots looking to fly for a living, the Commercial rating is required.  While the Private license allows for limited business travel under specific circumstances, the Commercial is the license which allows pilots to accept money for their services.  Possessing an instrument rating before embarking on Commercial training is highly recommended.  Commercial pilots who do not also have an instrument rating are extremely limited in the types of services they may provide for hire.


Certified Flight Instructor

The CFI license is the license to teach.  To have it, pilots must first possess the Private license, an instrument rating and the Commercial license.  Teaching the instrument rating requires both a CFI license and a separate license called the CFII – Certified Flight Instructor, Instrument.  Teaching the multi-engine rating also requires a separate license called the MEI – Multi-Engine Instructor.


For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.  You can email us at info@flighttrainingcenters.com or give us a call at 765-319-3295.