Documents Required for Solo

When flying solo, you must have a number of documents with you while flying:

  • Student Pilot certificate
  • Government issued photo ID
  • Current solo endorsement
  • If pursuing the Private license
    • A current third-class medical
  • If you are on a solo cross-country flight (more than 25NM from the starting point)
    • Cross country solo endorsement for category, make and model of aircraft you are flying (i.e. Airplane Single Engine Land, Cessna 172N).
    • CFI endorsement¬†for the specific flight and flight plan being flown. ¬†A new endorsement is required for each flight.

And of course the AROW documents for the aircraft – Airworthiness, Registration, Operating Limitations and Weight and Balance.